Friday, February 23, 2007

the District


Despite my illness, Alicia, Dillon and I decided to get out of the house for some fresh air and go downtown this afternoon. I took the trusty camera. Here is what I found:







Above is a fine example of the "shopping smoker". Too busy smoking, he has to look in the window of Slackers longingly since he can't take his cigarette inside.



This is the "lunch break" smoker. Obviously he works in the food industry, hopefully he will wash his hands before preparing food.






These are my favorites. These are "homeless" smokers. Asking for money while they are smoking. Cigarettes are not cheap, but hey, I wouldn't use money to buy food. Just smokes and booze. Also, the guy in the leather jacket sounds quite a bit like Billy Bob Thornton in "Sling Blade".





I don't know whether these people don't know or just don't care (prolly the latter) , but it is illegal to smoke within 20 feet of a business establishment.

No comments: